Priority One PodCast Episode 159, The Razor Verison

General discussion regarding Star Trek Online.

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

Razorwalker

Priority One PodCast Episode 159, The Razor Verison

Postby Razorwalker » February 4th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Welcome to the Razor Version of Priority One Podcast #159. Since this is my first one of these, let me explain what the Razor Version is. Basically, I listen to the Podcast, take notes and just give a simple, basic premise of the podcast here for you guys that either have no desire or time to listen to the hour and a half long episode. Please remember, these are just points of information taken from the podcast, no speculation or interpretations. After the points, I will post the link to the podcast for those that wish to hear it all. Thanks and here we go....

This weeks episode featured an interview with the new Executive Producer, Stephen D'Angelo. He talks about Season 8.5, new features and things he and the rest of the STO team are working on.

* Real Crafting System.
* PVP Revamp.
* Redesigning/Revamping ESD.
* Updating Sector Space Travel.
* Possible Demorecord Update.
* Possible Special Console Purchase options from the C-Store (In lieu of purchasing entire ship for just the console).
* All missions going forward from S8.5 will have multiple options and paths like "A Step Between Stars" does for better replayability.
* Season 9 is scheduled to release in April.
* Team is looking to either expand Gateway or remove it altogether.
* Foundry Updates throughout the year.
* Definite new Expansion late in the year.

There were some other basic things talked about, mostly S8.5, which has already been released. Mainly why the loadout system was not released with the ship swapping, how the new reputation system is working and other fluff. As I said, this is points on what was discussed, not speculation. If ppl like this, I will endeavour to post one of these every week that there is an STO Priority PodCast. If not, then just ask me in game :P

http://priorityonepodcast.com/po159/
daBelgrave
Leader

Re: Priority One PodCast Episode 159, The Razor Verison

Postby daBelgrave » February 4th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Razorwalker wrote:Possible Demorecord Update.
This is interesting. I have to wonder what new features they would add.
Razorwalker wrote:Team is looking to either expand Gateway or remove it altogether.
They need to expand the Gateway. It's a great asset, and would be sad if it went away.