MEDLOG 0771-79657-10-75

Your character traveling throughout the Quadrant.

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-07-01 19:17 PST

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Psychological Profile - Starfleet Academy
Attending Psychologist: Petralla Wegere, PsyD; Starfleet Medical

Patient ID: 0771-79657-10-75
Name: One of Twelve

Notes:
19:17 PST (UTC-8)—It seems this has been an interesting month for One of Twelve. Starfleet Intelligence managed to deconstruct one of her nanoprobes, and learn its secrets, among which is that [REDACTED]. [REDACTED]. [REDACTED]. [REDACTED]. [REDACTED]. She is not very pleased about it, but is grateful Starfleet Intelligence decided to give her control. Two of Twelve expressed similar sentiments. It seems that is how they adapt more readily and completely than other Liberated Borg do to allergens, toxins, and other things that cause problems based on their biological shortcomings. One of Twelve also explained it was how she managed to create a hybrid assimilation of the table and PADD while we were still at the LBRC facility.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-06-15 14:37 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Medical Report - Starfleet Intelligence

URGENT NOTICE: NANOPROBES FROM ONE OF TWELVE AND TWO OF TWELVE ARE INCOMPATIBLE WITH STANDARD NANOPROBES, AND CAN RESULT IN CATASTROPHIC IMPLANT FAILURE WHEN INTERACTING. IF SERIOUSLY INJURED:

DO NOT REVIVE WITH STANDARD NANOPROBE INFUSION.

DO NOT BRING INTO CONTACT WITH STANDARD NANOPROBES.

IN CASE OF MEDICAL EMERGENCY, THE ONLY COMPATIBLE NANOPROBE DONORS ARE EACH OTHER. IF NO DONOR IS AVAILABLE, PLACE IN STASIS IMMEDIATELY.

LIKEWISE, DO NOT USE ONE OF TWELVE OR TWO OF TWELVE AS NANOPROBE DONORS TO REVIVE OTHER INJURED LIBERATED BORG.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONTACT STARFLEET INTELLIGENCE’S TASK FORCE OMEGA DEPARTMENT.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-06-03 19:30 PST

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Notes:
19:30 PST (UTC-8)—The Class of 2405 graduated last weekend, but One and Two of Twelve are not among those students. I suspect Admiral Allaron was correct in believing they will be among next year’s Class of 2406, and then on to Command School. Throughout the summer, One and Two will continue their classes, probably reaching the point where they will be the equivalent of starting third-year students when normal Academy classes restart. For the most part I noticed little psychological change in One of Twelve since our last session. She informed me, however, that she enjoyed Mr. Sodu’s daily visits during lunch, and the occasional outings he takes her and Two on. I would normally question the motives beyond a forty-four year old man taking four year old women on outings, but I know he is being responsible about it. He seems to know more about who they are than anyone else, and it gives them a chance to interact with strangers while having someone they know and trust nearby. He is probably doing more for their development and integration into society than anyone else could do.

19:48 PST (UTC-8)—Note, Kutrizian Sodu
One and Two express a desire to see more of you too, Mrs. Wegere. Keep in mind, these outings involve more than just me and two four year olds. They have a security team that follows us, and sometimes they bring their academy friends.

20:11 PST (UTC-8)—Reply to Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
Unfortunately, Mr. Sodu, I have other patients beside just One and Two. Come next year, I’ll have to put them on six-month schedule instead of the current once a month rotation. Do you think they are adjusting well to seeing less of me as it is already?

20:18 PST (UTC-8)—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
I see no reason why they cannot adjust. They will be understanding of your need to help others as well. On the other hand, I am having a hard time adjusting to replying to your work. I am still working from London, so it is already tomorrow by the time you do your monthly update.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-05-06 20:02 PST

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Notes:
20:02 PST (UTC-8)—Per Admiral Allaron’s request, today’s session mostly involved debriefing on Project [REDACTED]. One of Twelve was hesitant at first to answer many of his questions, but slowly came to speak more freely. She expressed a desire to know if the other ten of the twelve are healthy. She also said her secondary cranial transceiver was switched off so she was unable to contact them, but she could not recall if she switched it off or someone did it for her, so she has thus far refrained from switching it back on. Admiral Allaron calmly ordered her to keep it turned off unless a superior officer gave her permission to turn it on. He did not go so far as to suggest that Starfleet turned it off at any point, which is very probable considering they performed an operation on her cranial implants while she was still in stasis. As for One, she continues to try living amongst other people, but sometimes she struggles to adapt when their unpredictability interferes with her punctuality.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-04-01 19:48 PST

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Notes:
19:48 PST (UTC-8)—Borg drones have no fear of injury or death, a sentiment that seems natural to One of Twelve, who until now has never had an injury from her own activity. Spraining her ankle while playing hoverball was a shock, a reminder that she is not as impervious to injury as she might think. She recovered overnight with just a single regeneration sequence, but the thought that she could cause herself more serious injuries will probably keep her cautious for a few days or weeks; it’s hard to tell for certain. I explained that risk is something everyone deals with every day. I think she understands, but only time will tell. I also informed her that I intend to reduce the frequency of these sessions to once a month. I think I detected the smallest trace of sadness that she will not see me as often as she has been the past three months. Beneath that cold Borg exterior, she does have emotions; we just have a very difficult time detecting and interpreting them.

21:08 PST (UTC-8)—Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Mrs. Wegere, I have been researching the effects of their implants on things remotely related to their genetic sequence. When it comes to the hormones that regulate emotions, One and Two are not lacking. They have the full range of responses anyone else would have. What keeps them from expressing most of those emotions is an implant in their head that regulates the production and use of those hormones. On one hand, the implant is a device to keep them from losing control during the heat of battle, but on the other hand, it prevents them from fully expressing how they feel. They can control and adjust these implants, of course, but it takes time for them to determine the appropriate levels. I expect you will find over time they seem more normal when it comes to emotions.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-03-29 14:56 PST

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Medical Report - Starfleet Academy - Sickbay 3
Attending Doctor: Thyla Ershan, Lt., Student Doctor

Species: Borg, Human
Height: 180 cm

Notes:
14:56 PST (UTC-8)—Patient arrived at sickbay with a sprained ankle. Injury occurred while playing hoverball. She is walking, slowly. Patient remained adamant she would recover quickly during her next regeneration sequence. Administered removable splint, and ordered her to rest her ankle until it stops hurting.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-03-25 19:55 PST

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Notes:
19:55 PST (UTC-8)—One of Twelve is beginning to express inclinations that she may consider scientific areas of study, as opposed to Two of Twelve’s slight inclination toward engineering topics. This is probably the first major distinction between the two, other than Two’s genetically influenced deference toward One. It is a good sign that they are beginning to develop their individual likes and dislikes. Each claimed their area of study seemed the most likely to assist them in future strategies. I wonder if they will ever learn there is more to life than war.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-03-18 19:29 PST

Notes:
19:29 PST (UTC-8)—One of Twelve has hardly been here a month, but she has already completed half a year’s worth of courses. Many of those she tested her way through, but several required actual coursework, which she also does quite rapidly. Starfleet Academy will need to find ways to increase the challenge of her classes, or she will be ready to graduate by the end of the year.

19:44 PST (UTC-8)—Note, Tuyo Allaron, Adm, Starfleet Intelligence
Starfleet Intelligence is aware of this situation, and we are working closely with instructors to increase the difficulty of her assignments. We expect her to be ready for Command School next year. If you believe One and Two of Twelve are adequately acclimatized to Starfleet Academy, you are permitted to reduce the frequency of your sessions to once per month.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-03-11 19:10 PST

Notes:
19:10 PST (UTC-8)—One of Twelve is quite knowledgeable. The hard part is most of that knowledge is what I call borgified. What we call Klingon, she calls Species 5008. While we use names, they use designations. There is nothing wrong with this, it just lacks a certain level of character. On the other hand, using borgified information can cause problems when you are supposed to be using the standard information everyone else uses. One learned this after completely failing a stellar cartography test because she gave the Borg name for every system and planet instead of the names everyone elses uses. Two did almost as poorly, but realized the error partway through the test. She was unable to correct her earlier answers, but managed to get the rest of them correct. Fortunately, the instructor was understanding on this misunderstanding. One and Two are scheduled to retake the test Monday.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-03-06 17:37 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:12 pm

Medical Report, Kutrizian Sodu, Consultant

The last time I checked, personal disagreements, arguments, and vendettas were not placed in other people’s medical records. Oh well, I guess I was wrong. I’ll have to remember that the next time I disagree with something a Starfleet Officer tells me.

Mrs. Wegere, the problem you noted about Two of Twelve having difficulty when opposing One of Twelve is partly genetic, and seems to be one of the planned differences. This goes back to my report on the different ways they react to oxytocin.

As for their capability for extreme calculation and precision, I was curious if there might be a genetic cause behind this, or if it was only a byproduct of their implants. Genetically, I discovered a possible correlation between a non-human genome combination augmented into 18p10. It matches most closely with a Ferengi gene known to influence what the Ferengi often incorrectly refer to as the ‘lobes for business.’ What this gene really does is influence the individual’s forward-planning, or the ability to anticipate and make plans for the future in the most optimal way. There could be a few other genes influencing this in One and Two, but I require further study.